Our Power Library Code: PL3819
The POWER Library’s resources are available and free to all Pennsylvania residents.
Click on the POWER Library graphic above, and choose your resource to search. To sign in, you must enter our power library code (PL3819) and the last 6 digits of your library card number. (For example: PL3819000000)
If you don’t know your library card number, please email me at email@example.com and I will be able to help you out.
Here are just a few examples of the databases available:
- Auto Repair Source: Discover the most accurate, and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center: Find detailed repair guides for all types of small engines. Search by product type, brand, model/engine type, specific area of model/engine type, and model numbers.
- InfoTrac Newstand: Browse and read full-text newspapers from major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, plus leading titles from around the world.
- Gale’s Books & Authors: Discover fiction and non-fiction books that match your interests! Books and Authors is for all levels of readers.
- + Many More. Check out the POWER Library Database Listing for all of the great resources available.
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brainpower? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger vocabulary, and building background knowledge—all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
Wilcox Public Library’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success! Any child ages birth to five years can participate. Just follow these steps:
- Register: Sign up at the Wilcox Public Library or online via our online software or the downloadable registration form. Pick up program materials at the library or print them out below.
- Track Your Reading: Write down each book you read with your child on your reading record OR go online to our digital log to log your books that you’ve read. (The online log would be easier for the library to manage.)
- Every Book Counts: Even if your child wants to hear the same book, again and again, you can count it each time. You can also count the books your child hears in storytime, in daycare or preschool, or with a friend or family member, as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- 100-Book Milestones: Each time you read 100 books your child will receive a special reward (sticker, bookmark, etc.).
- 1,000 Books: You did it! Come celebrate at the library, see your child’s name placed on the 1,000 Book Wall of Fame, and receive a special prize.
- Keep on Reading: Don’t stop at 1,000…Keep on reading together; there’s more learning ahead!
Singing songs, saying rhymes, telling stories, and playing with your child are all great ways to build their literacy skills. Visit the Library often for free programs that are fun and educational for your little one and to find great books to share with your child.
One thousand books may seem impossible, however, if you read just one book a night, you’ll meet your goal in less than 3 years. If you read three books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year! But don’t feel rushed!
Ask our friendly staff for suggestions—we’re here to help you on your journey to 1,000 Books before Kindergarten! Happy Reading!ch your goal in just one year! But don’t feel rushed!
START AT ANY AGE:
- If your child is 0 years old – read 1 book per DAY or 4 books per WEEK to complete the program.
- If your child is 1 year old – read 1 book per DAY or 5 books per WEEK to complete the program.
- If your child is 2 years old – read 1 book per DAY or 7 books per WEEK to complete the program.
- If your child is 3 years old – read 2 books per DAY or 10 books per WEEK to complete the program.
- If your child is 4 years old – read 3 books per DAY or 20 books per WEEK to complete the program.
Downloads for the Program
1000 B4K_Parents Letter registration form
1to100 101to200 201to300
301to400 401to500 501to600
601to700 701to800 801to900
Additional Downloads to Assist You
Access popular titles from your phone or tablet 24/7
We are proud to offer you best-selling and classic eBooks, and digital audiobooks available 24/7 from the library’s digital collection, or by downloading Libby, the one-tap reading app.
You can browse the collection, borrow with your library card, and enjoy on your computer, tablet, smartphone or eReader. Borrowed eBooks, and audiobooks can be enjoyed immediately in your web browser or can be downloaded to the free Libby app for mobile devices. Digital titles can also be enjoyed on tablets and eReader devices such as the iPad®, NOOK®, and Kindle® [U.S. Libraries only]. No matter how you plan to enjoy, titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!
With hundreds of popular titles to choose from, this new collection is guaranteed to have something for everyone. You can enjoy best-sellers and classic literature, stories for kids and teens, and much more anytime, anywhere.
This new service, powered by OverDrive, is free with your library card. To get started enjoying eBooks, and audiobooks, visit https://senecalibraries.overdrive.com or download the Libby app today.